Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
The Root:1 Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard is located in Maipo Valley, world-renowned for producing outstandin red wines with rich color, full body, and pure varietal character. The rocky slopes of sand over clay help maintain moisture during the intense summer heat, while the coastal mountains temper the
vines with the cool maritime influences of the Pacific Ocean. The
Root: 1 Cabernet Sauvignon,
an elegant reflection of its environment, was fermented in stainless steel tanks and refined for ten months in American and French oak.
About the Vineyard
The vineyard is planted with 377 hectares of vines, which are drip-irrigated with water from deep wells. At full production, yields of some 11 tonnes per hectare are to be expected. The vines are trained along a VSP system.
Deep garnet in color with bright reflections. Aromas of ripe berries, cassis, plum and dark cherry, followed by light toast notes. Juicy red berry and mocha flavors with a full-bodied structure, balanced by smooth tannins and a lengthy finish
Root:1 Cabernet pairs well with grilled steak or a hearty
meat-sauce pasta. The ripe full-bodied flavors also complement roasted vegetables and spicy soups. A delightful match to chocolate desserts!
- Vineyard & Production Info
- Production area/appellation:
- Vineyard name:
- Maipo Valley, Chile
- Soil composition:
- Sandy, light brown loamy clay soil of volcanic origin.
- Training method:
- VSP Trellis system; bilateral coron training.
- 500 feet feet
- Harvest time:
- First vintage of this wine:
- Winemaking & Aging
- Varietal composition:
- 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Syrah
- Fermentation container:
- Stainless steel tanks
- Fermentation temperature:
- 73-82.4 °F °F
- Length of maceration:
- 15-20 days
- Malolactic fermentation:
- Type of aging container:
- 50% American, 50% French oak
- Size of aging container:
- 70% barrels of 225L and 30% stainless steel tanks of 30,000L
- Type of oak:
- American & French
- Length of aging before bottling:
- 70% of the wine ages for 10 months in 50% French 50% American Oak, 30% of the wine ages in stainless steel.