Morenita Cream N/V
Morenita-meaning the little brunette-refers to rich brown color of this sherry. The blend of Palomino and Pedro Ximénez lends to this wine, a rich brown color with dark golden highlights. Created by a close family-friend and local grower back in the 1970’s, to mimic the classic Jerezano tavern blend of mixing fino and pedro ximenez, Morenita is a delightful sherry.
This is a delicate style cream with hints of caramel, dried fruits and mocha on the nose. Smooth and elegant with well-balanced sweetness, it still manages to be refreshing.
Serve slightly chilled or on the rocks as an aperitif or enjoy with mildly rich meals.
- Vineyard name: Jerez de la Frontera
- Soil composition: Chalk and sand
- Training method: Guyot/Gobelet
- Elevation: 185 feet
- Vines/acre: 1,200
- Yield/acre: 1.8 tons
- Exposure: Varied
- Year vineyard planted: 1974; 2003
- Harvest time: August-September
- Varietal composition: Palomino and Pedro Ximénez
- Type of aging container: Barrels
- Size of aging container: 500 L
- Age of aging container: Average 80-100 years old
- Type of oak: American oak
- Length of aging before bottling: Until ordered
- Length of bottle aging: Pure Barrel Aging
- Alcohol: 17 %
- Residual sugar: 129 g/L
- Acidity: 4.4 g/L
- Dry extract: 144 g/L